1/6/09

My in-laws visited this weekend, and I, being me, took no less two hours before mortifying myself, by way of Ms. Amy Sedaris' book I Like You: Hospitality under the Influence.  They were really enjoying their perusal of the book, and so I decided to bring the conversation full circle, as it were, and pull up some ole' videos the You Tubes. 
 
I started innocently enough with her appearance on Martha Stewart's program, and i should have left it there, with well being enough alone.  The enjoyable clip can be found below. 
Now, I'm not saying that the clip I played for them next was not enjoyable, but from my perspective it was at best incredibly awkward.  Now, keep in mind, the topic of this second clip, from Amy's appearance on the Chelsea Lately program, is written about in the book, and had previously been a topic of collective acknowledgment of humor amongst all of us, just moments prior.  But when Ms. Sedaris enhances the presentation with props, let's just say I was more than a little embarrassed to be the one at the helm of this grotesque travesty. 




Speaking of Sedari, enjoy this clip of David on Letterman.