9/26/08

Bud Light Pumpkin


I keep seeing these commercials on the television imploring me NOT to think of Bud Light Lime as a "summer only" beer, despite the fact that a.) it IS, and b.) they spent all summer telling me how it was THE perfect beer for summer. I have not had the stuff, myself, but I can't see enjoying one unless I just finished mowing the lawn on a hot day. Of course, the purist in me would insist upon a Corona w/an actual slice of lime, or, I dunno, WATER....

But I did in fact enjoy the Miller Chill beer offered last summer (and, still, now, though less advertised than its competitor) with its it's Lime and Salt action. I was quickly told I was "crazy" by less discerning idiots who couldn't even fashion to think themselves as greater brew connoisseurs than myself. I didn't LOVE it or anything, but I thought it was OK,a nd a good attempt at kicking up dust around the market cornered by Corona. The incessant Bud Light Lime commercials just show how right I musta been.


ALL of that being sad...
I am happy to announce the OFFICIAL start of the Autumn season, just a few days late of the rest of you. Tonight, having come in from the rain, I had my first seasonal sip of the Dogfish Head PUNKIN ALE. The season hit me like a ton o' bricks, much like it would have a couple of days ago @ Brew Ha Ha, had I taken them up on their sign's offer that "CIDER is HERE!" I deferred, and was hit thusly this evening.



Great beer, and here's to wonderful Autumn season!
-bd-