8/12/08

ESCAPE IN THE BIG CITY!!!!!


I got home yesterday and looked in the dog's bowl, and it looked like he had spat up vinegar or something into it.  Strange, thought I, but went on with my day, having filed the mystery in the back of my head.

Last night, after throwing a Five Guys burger into the microwave, and pouring myself a Murphy's Irish Stout (@ 2am) I heard a strange hissing sound in the kitchen.  Weirdly, and only somewhat hilariously, it turned out to be the cat, Gnome, pissing in Gravy's water bowl!

I blame myself, for poorly taking care of his litter box of late, and also the recent hail event, which left the basement in less than ideal conditions for the boy to do his business.

The gnome peed for what seemed to be an inordinate amount of time, with no sign of letting loose.  I started to time him, again, after what seemed to have been a long time going, and he went on for another minute and a half!  That is like two straight minutes of pee.

Disgusted, and having finally solved the mystery as to why our house was starting to smell like cat piss, and why the dog seemed to be utilizing malt vinegar for hydration (on his own?), I picked up the dog bowl and brought it outside to dump out, and then discard.  

Apparently, in my disgust, I failed to notice the Gnome sneaking out with me.  So I went back in, closed the door, and Gnome was stuck outside.  I went to bed (after consuming my beer and burger) and only this morning, when Betty went to feed the normally loud, whiny feline, did it become apparent that he is no longer here.  

So sad are we!  Keep your eyes peeled, Wilmingtonians!