8/13/08

Chalmers comes home.



A full nineteen hours after the Gnome went gentle into that good night, he popped up again!

We figured this would happen, as most all cats can find their way home pretty easily.  I just feared that he would get hit by a car, become someone else's pet, or get so freaked out he'd end up miles away, never to be seen again.

Luckily, none of this happened, and the Gnome now sleeps on one of his favorite perches, in the house.  

I felt terrible all day, in part b/c of said fears, and in part b/c of my guilt, what with it being all my fault.  Ugh.  Stomach pains.  

Sometime life just gets you down.  "My cat is missing!!!"

These frustrations were well heeled, by the worst of types of comparative analysis.  That is: two separate people that I know experienced things much worse than a missing cat, to say the least. I won't go into their personal stories, or name them specifically, but in one case a coworker's brother was seriously injured in a car crash in which his entire family was in the car, and injured to varying degrees.  He was injured terribly, and remains in critical condition.  

In another case, a different coworker (at a different job) witnessed her best friend crash his moto-bike and break his neck!  He will not be paralyzed, but will be spending the next six months in serious recuperation.  
Keep these folks in your prayers, or whatever you new age hippie types do these days.


So as sad as I and Betty may have been, we certainly don't take the cake, at all.  

It seems like over and over again, in the past year and beyond, these "bad" things happen to us, which are DIRECTLY paralleled by the extreme and utterly exponentially worse tragedies of others throughout the world.  The Chinese earthquakes, the mid west floods, and other such catastrophes all happen at the same time as mild inconveniences in my life, which for the most part I can't even remember anymore.  

I feel blessed in that regard, and will do what I can to stay on this side of that coin, as "rough" as it can be at times.