8/24/08

Barack America


(or: how to lose an election)

THIS is just wonderful.  Great start fellas. Unfortunately I was busy and did not get to see the speeches, but if these are the highlights then I am glad I missed them.  I have a feeling there were better parts, let's watch them together HERE.

My evaluation of Joe's speech is that you can watch him as he feels himself stepping into history.  Man, and he thought his words carried weight before.  
SCRANTON, PA!!!    WILMINGT-ON!  Represent.

That being said, good bust: "My kitchen table (in Greenville) is just like yours.  John McCain would need to figure out which of seven tables (@ 7 homes) to sit at."

If you haven't already figured it out, I like Joe Biden, overall.  But I am also excited to see who John McCain picks.  Not so much because I would vote for the ticket, but just b/c I want to know who will be assuming the role of President when McCain starts wandering the halls calling Cindy Yum Chin. (I was trying to find the name of McCain's Christian captor, but I came across this, and less interestingly, this.  

Memo to McCain: Do you want to win in November? (feel free to say no)
Who should you nominate as your Veep?: Michael Bloomberg.  It's so obvious.  Don't do it, but you would probably win.  Bloomberg is GOOD.  He's got all the plusses of Joe Lieberman without any of the unabashed terrible negatives, like the very thought that even the slightest amount of "Joe-Mentum" might have its skeevy little hands on "the button(s)."  



If McCain picks that a-hole Mitt Romney I'll walk straight out the door in disgust!  Rudy?  Huckabee?  Jindal?

He could, and probably should pick Jindal (if not Bloomberg).  Huckabee is just in there for a laugh.  But WHO will he pick???  THE Entire Short list (same link as above)
is SUB-par.  The best candidates are the women (sans Rice) but they are apparently not on the shortest list.  Ridge would have been a good choice, in fact, perhaps even an excellent choice.  But his overtly "pragmatic" views on abortion has seemingly left him "cut" along with Lieberman.  Fair trade.

Do you remember the TIME OJ cover??  At least Barack is sorta smiling.  Then again, I think OJ might have been, too.  

Of course, TIME didn't darken Obama's skin, but that background is ominous!