9/1/09

The Wait was Worth It!!!


I mentioned a few days ago how I might be mentioned in an article on the Huffington Post in the next day or two, and that day has arrived! How did this come about, you might ask? Well, I was at the Dr.'s office, and I noticed and enjoyed some signage he had posted throughout his office. Being a weirdo and a fan of such trivia, I took some pictures with my cell phone camera. This was on Wednesday.


On Friday, while at work, I read a story on the Huffington Post about doctors expressing political opinions about the healthcare debacle, specifically a woman whose doctor told her, incorrectly it would seem, that under Obama's plan she would not be treated but instead asked to die, or some such thing.


Arthur Delaney, who wrote the article, followed the story with an entreaty for informations with a sentence similar to: "Do you have a story about doctors expressing their views on the healthcare debate? Email xxx with your story..."


So, OF COURSE, I shot the man an email with the picture I took and a little story about the circumstances. He replied in kind with a request for me to call him, and I am pretty sure I started dialing before his entire email had been received by the server. That is, I dialed QUICKLY. And the rest, as they say, is history.


Be sure to click the link and read the whole story to read my quote and enjoy the situation in its full, glorious hilarity. It's especially funny right NOW, as it is currently the headline story on HuffPo. Two cover stories in two months... not bad...


I am funny.