7/12/08

Absolutely, OK, Definitely, Who knew?


Nervous ticks...

So sometimes (like, all the time) I develop tics where I just use the same god damned phrase over and over and over again.

It sucks, because it makes me sound like a bullshit artist, which I try not to be.
This is bad w/: potential employers during interviews, in-laws, police officers, elected officials, business owners, judges, coaches, employers, friends, pets...ok maybe not pets.

Speaking of judges (and pets) though, I have been called upon to perform my civic duty as a Juror on Monday. I actually had to postpone starting a new p/t (writing) job because of it. A job not won, I assure you, on the strength of anything you have ever read here.

I really enjoyed the format of the show this evening. I feel really comfortable in the acoustic position of no mic or amp. It really frees you up to not have to sing into a mic. You gotta project like a motherfucker, but it's worth it, cause that's the way one should sing anyway. Mediocre, and even good microphones, can be a hinderance in projeting to one's fullest. Yes?

Mad, mad props to Ryan & Eileen for coming out tonight (all the way from West Chester), as well as to James and Todd and Ally. Was hoping to see more faces, but I would say in terms of quality of performances and crowd enjoyment it was a pretty good night.

Let me know how the drinks were! Any suggestions, critiques, or lavish praises are welcome.

Alex Valejo & Dan McCool next Friday night. And next Thursday night is the premiere of the open (no) mic nights. 10-12 or so.

So I asked for critiques on the drinks, but I assume I am correct in assuming that only the best of things will be said about the food, which looked great coming out.

As Luigi conveyed to James, "this is the kind of bread that will put lead in your pencil" and I think he is right.

The menu is really affordable and sexy. The most expensive thing on it is an $8 Veal Parm Sandwich. In fact, the drinks are mostly more expensive than the food. But you can get a Yuengling for $3.5, which in this economy, ain't bad.


Absolutely.