8/5/08

$5 bad milk

I bought a gallon of milk last night @ the DASH-IN, and it is already bad.  It also cost $5.  Uh. They are usually pretty good though, in terms of quality product and reasonable gas prices. When I walked in, there were two TOTAL STONERS just staring away at the Ben & Jerry's section, aimlessly.  This distracted me from checking the expiration date on the milk, which was yesterday.  They know who they are.

I start my illustrious career as PT bartender at MOJO 13 Tonight.  So you should come out and say hi.  Hilariously, the very same Nate Farrar discussed here last week will be providing the musical accompaniment.  

Hey Alexis, file this under "career advice".... When responding to a "CraigsList" employment ad, do not send a response that doesn't include your resume."  I had to reply to like 5 different emails today with "Please send resume."  I almost just let them drift away (from a potential bartending job at Pastabilities) b/c of it.  But instead I replied to their "I am interested in this position" emails with a polite request for the resumes.  Call me old fashioned, but that is ridiculous.  Nobody, whosoever, cares at all about the fact that you are interested in any position offered.  They want to see your resume.  You are wasting their time, significantly, and in most cases, probably just precluded yourself from being hired.  

Then again, maybe I should not be one to be doling out career advices.
I think I am going to start framing my rejection letters.  If only I could afford enough frames.
I'd tell the story of how I had to go to the post office to pick up certified ($5.30) mail that turned out to be a rejection letter, but I am pretty sure that I have already done that on here, somewhere.

Perhaps if you all are lucky, I'll get home early-ish tonight and lace this thing with the appropriate links.  

(pic unrelated)


New schedule @ Pastabilities!